Casein Protein 1kg
- Casein powder is best taken at night to support recovery whilst you sleep
- 25g of protein per 30g serving
- Very low carbohydrate (0.66g) and fat (0.6g) content per 30g serving
- 2.2lb (1kg) = 30 servings
Why bodybuilders use our product
As far as supplements go, protein is by far the most supplemented macronutrient in the training world. From novice to elite, increasing your protein intake is a must for efficient muscle development.
During training, muscles are broken down (catabolism) and rebuilt post training (anabolism). As we train more the rate of catabolism occurs at a faster rate than anabolism meaning that muscles are broken down faster than they can be rebuilt, continuing to train before your muscles repair can lead to serious injury; protein from our diet supports anabolism by providing the necessary nutrients and being broken down into essential amino acids. Consequently, supplementing your diet with protein is vital to ensure your muscles have the nutrients they need to rebuild before you go back to the gym.
Casein protein powder – what is it?
Typical protein powder is derived from milk; milk contains two major proteins casein protein and whey protein – the difference is that whey is a fast digesting protein and casein acts as the opposite, a slow-digesting protein. Our team of innovative nutrition experts have crafted the highest quality casein protein powder and is used by former Mr Universe and bodybuilding expert, John Citrone.
How do I use it?
- Mix with either water for a thinner shake or milk for a thicker shake.
- As it’s a slow-digesting protein, it’s therefore suggested to take casein protein at night to aid recovery as you sleep.
- This means that you can get back into the gym much quicker and not lose muscle gains overnight.
- It’s suggested to use Whey Protein post workout so your body can act fast and recover quickly – or consider blending the two to get a balance of fast and slow digesting protein.
What you can expect*
- Drinking a casein protein shake is noticeably different to whey protein since it has a different composition and the benefits of overnight recovery are essential for any fitness enthusiast.
- Waking up feeling noticeably less sore from training, allowing you to get back to training and lower the risk of injury.
- Due to the low carbohydrate and fat content, having a casein protein shake consequently won’t leave you feeling bloated and won’t interrupt your sleep.
- This product is supplied in a container with 2.2lb of casein protein powder and contains 30 servings.
Who is it for?
For anyone who trains muscles for strength or muscular endurance.
*Disclaimer - supplement results vary from person to person and Peak Body Nutrition suggests using supplements to compliment a healthy diet and lifestyle. If in doubt when considering if supplement use is suitable, please contact your GP, Doctor or Physician for advice.
Casein from 85% Milk protein concentrate. Sweetener: Sucralose. No stabilisers or thickeners added, Cocoa Powder
|Directions||As a food supplement use 1 scoop after exercise and 1 scoop at night. Mix 1 scoop with 200ml of milk or water - for best results use milk. Serving Size 30g (1 heaped scoop) contains 25g Protein. 30 Servings per container.|